Members are the lifeblood of this Association; therefore, we strive to maintain the correct information for each and every member of PIASC to ensure that they receive current newsletters, publications, meetings, and other pertinent information affecting the printing industry. Please update your information anytime by contacting Socorro Garcia.
PIASC provides consulting services in a variety of management areas including business valuations, mergers and acquisitions, and personnel issues. Contact Bob Lindgren.
PIASC staff is always ready to help you. When you need to know who does what, where to find it, or where is it located, contact Bob Lindgren. If we don’t have the answer, we’ll find it for you.
Programs covering all areas of the graphic arts industry are available to members: from technical topics to sales and financial management. Programs include: Meetings, Classes, Seminars, Workshops, Conferences, and Annual Conventions.
The group FSC certification program offers substantial savings with an annual cost of $1,695.00. Participation is limited to printers (not as yet, brokers) with sales of less than $5 million. It will necessitate the FSC required paper trail maintained by the printer and an initial audit, the cost of which is included in the $1,695.00 fee.
If you are already certified, you may change to this program to take advantage of the reduced cost. An explanation of the process and an enrollment form is found by clicking here.
Contact Bob Lindgren at (323) 728-9500 x214.
As a member of PIASC, you will have access to important industry studies to help you monitor your firm's financial health.
- Ratio Studies - Valuable financial reports to monitor industry profits, expenses and other operating variables.
- Outside Sales Representatives Study – Current practices on commissions and benefits.
- Salary Studies – Compensation for sales managers, officers, controllers, and other industry executives
- Wage Studies - Current data on salary structures, fringe benefits, and other compensation practices.
- Over The Horizon: The Economy and Print Markets 2005-2007
Contact Doug Moore.
Slow-pay/no pay or problem account information is immediately available on more than 10,000 local and out-of-state firms. This program is internet based and is accessible 24 hours a day (with proper password and member information). This program provides members with real-time information on local/out-of-state accounts. When information is submitted it is added to the program instantly so that it is available to the next viewer - no waiting for a monthly report! To participate simply Download and fill out the Participation Agreement here and fax it to (323) 724-2327. Call or email Marcus Uribe at Ext. 299 if you have additional questions.
Our human relations experts can assist in matters related to:
- The creation and implementation of employee relation policies, applicability of state and federal labor regulations to your operation, supervisory training, union contract negotiations, and compensation information.
- Basic procedures involved in all aspects of the employment process such as hiring personnel, evaluation, communication, performance issues, and employment terminations.
Contact Doug Moore with any questions.
In order to foster good client relationships, PIASC promotes the maintenance and promulgation of the Printing Trade Customs. We do this by communicating them to you and to customers, influencing their acceptance and use. If you have questions, please contact Gerry Bonetto.
PIASC offers members THREE placement employment programs to meet your needs.
- PIASC Placement — FREE employment assistance for both members and jobseekers
- PRINTWORKERS.com — Online job posting site offering members the most convenient, timely and economical way to attract industry professionals. Members receive a 50% discount on the purchase of tokens.
- SEMPER International — Specializes in temporary skilled staffing assistance for graphic arts and printing industry. Semper provides skilled short-term, long-term, and flexible-to-hire placement. Members receive a 5% discount.
Contact Rose Dorado Ext. 231.
As a member of PIASC, you can purchase authoritative publications and DVDs on all graphic arts subjects at substantial discounts. Materials are distributed by well-known and respected sources such as the PIA/GATF Press—the oldest publisher of graphic arts materials in the United States. It publishes books on nearly every aspect of the field.
Shop the PIA/GATF Bookstore .
- Update, is the industry's weekly newsletter. It is your source of information on local industry issues, member happenings, PIASC programs, and money-saving opportunities.
- Watchdog, is the industry's monthly newsletter. It informs members of public policy issues affecting our industry.
Industry manuals are excellent sources of information. PIASC members can browse and download the following manuals from the Business/Technical section of this site:
- Guide to California Sales Tax & Use Tax For the Graphic Arts Industry
- PIC Printers Environmental Handbook\
- SB 198 Injury and Illness Prevention Handbook
- Southern California BlueBook of Production Standards and Costs
- Terms & Conditions for the Printing Industry
- Forms, Posters and other Publications
To obtain any of these manuals please contact Gerry Bonetto.
When printer and customer want to avoid costly legal fees, PIASC arbitration service resolves disputes quickly and at no cost. PIASC accepts cases where the dispute is larger than $5,000 and where the parties agree to a binding decision. Contact Bob Lindgren.
PIASC has designed programs to help you cope with the myriad of new laws designed to protect your employees and the public. PIASC staff is available to answer your environmental questions. Contact Gerry Bonetto.
Familiarity and reputation are among the greatest assets of any industry. Our Public Relations Program is an extensive program that covers the following objectives:
- Enhancing the image of our industry
- Fostering printing as a career
- Attracting the best personnel
- Promoting good will of employees and members
- Promoting good will of government
- Promoting PIASC members to Print Buyers at trade shows
- Strengthening relationships with other industries, trade associations, and industrial organizations
Need help or information? Contact Ara Izquierdo.